Furniture Screws - Fasten Particleboard and Plywood Perfectly
Furniture screws or confirmat screws are made of carbon steel and stainless steel. They are specifically designed to use on processed-wood materials. These kind of wood materials are particleboard and plywood that are used in furniture industry. Furniture screws are a perfect kind of fasteners, which make an unbelievable strong joint in particleboard and plywood. The screws can be removed and reinstalled if needed, which makes the moving of the heave furniture easy and convenient. They have an extended shoulder under the head. The extended shoulder provides added holding power and minimizes the possibility of board damage. When using the screws, the predrilled holes through both pieces of material are necessary.
Two Kinds of Furniture Screws
The furniture screws have two kinds of head types for different applications: one is the standard flat head; the other is barrel head that is similar to a pan head.
- The flat head furniture screws are ideal for the frameless cabinet construction, and they can be flush to the surface of the material.
- The barrel head furniture screws make a stronger connection than the flat head ones, but the heads of the screws can be left exposed.
Flat head furniture screws are ideal for frameless cabinet construction.
Barrel head furniture screws are ideal for frame cabinet construction
- The specially designed large shoulder beneath the head increases the holding power in the board and reduces the board damage.
- The blunt screw points also minimize the board damage.
- Commonly with different kinds of corrosion protection.
- Can be disassembled and reassembled several times without losing holding power, making the moving of the furniture easy.
- A slight unthreaded part at the end makes it easy to attach the holes during assembly.
- Material: carbon steel and stainless steel.
- Diameter: 5.0mm, 6.3mm, 7.0mm.
- Length: 40mm - 70mm.
- Head Type: flat head, barrel head, with deep hole or shallow hole.
- Drive Type: pozi drive, hex socket drive.
- Surface Treatment: white/blue/yellow zinc coated, black oxide, nickel plated, hot dip galvanized, brass plated, black/grey phosphate.
- Bulk packing in cartons then on pallets.
- Pack in small bags or boxes then in carton then on pallets or according the customer's request.
- Hex socket:
- Deep hole: 7mm × 40mm, 7mm × 50mm, 7mm × 60mm, 7mm × 70mm, 6.3mm × 50mm , 6.3mm × 40mm, 5mm × 50mm, 5mm × 40mm.
- Shallow hole: 7mm × 40mm, 7mm × 50mm, 7mm × 60mm, 7mm × 70mm, 6.3mm × 50mm, 5mm × 50mm, 5mm × 40mm.
- Deep hole: 6.3mm × 50mm, 5mm × 50mm, 5mm × 40mm.
- Shallow hole: 7mm × 40mm, 7mm × 50mm, 7mm × 60mm, 7mm × 70mm, 6.3mm × 50mm, 6.3mm × 40mm, 5mm × 50mm, 5mm × 40mm.
We also welcome the customer's design and drawing to customize different kinds of furniture screws.
Some hex socket drive furniture screws.
Some pozi drive furniture screws.
A man is drilling the furniture screws into the two pieces of boards.
The furniture screws are good fastener in particleboard and plywood applications. They provide good holding power in these soft materials because of the special design.
- Ideal for the applications in furniture industry
- Can be also used in cabinet and other box construction applications.
- Choose the right size of furniture screws and drill bit. The size of the screw and bit depends on the thickness of the material to be fastened.
- Use the electric drill to drill a hole into both pieces of the material to be fastened.
- Put the tip point of the screw into the material. The screw should be long enough to grasp the two pieces of the material.
- Set the drill with proper screwdriver bit into the head of the screw. Adjust the speed of the drill to a relatively low level.
- Drill the screw slowly into the hole until the head is flush with the surface of the material.
Inquiry for Our Product
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.